Our 28 ft Hourston center console cruiser which was specifically designed for our fishing guests. Many have said it is the most comfortable boat they have ever been on.
At Ospray Fishing Charters our goal is to provide an unparalleled fishing experience with excellent success rates, breathtaking scenery and lots of fun!
Lead by award winning head guide and owner, Shawn Hillier with his over 30 years of guiding experience, our team of veteran guides strive to provide you truly personal service on your Tofino fishing charter from the time you board your charter boat until the fish are packed.
At Ospray Fishing Charters we take pride in our fleet of comfortable well maintained 25 – 28 ft custom covered cruisers that all feature modern electronics, quality fishing gear, spacious decks, all safety gear and toilets.
What to Bring
On your Tofino fishing charter your comfort aboard our charter boats is our goal. We recommend that you dress in layers to adapt to our unpredictable west coast weather. We carry all weather floatation suits on our boats as part of our safety equipment but they can be too warm.
Our recommended items to bring:
- rain gear and rubber boots
- warm layered clothing
- food and beverages if not on a package
- large coolers for your fish
- motion sickness remedy if necessary
- tidal fishing licence w/ Salmon stamp
Your safety is of utmost importance to us and you can rest assured knowing that not only are we fully insured, have our Red Cross First Aid Course but also go one step further and have also completed the Small Vessel Compliance Program. This program ensures that we adhere to all the safety and environmental requirements in the Canada Shipping Act, 2001 and the Small Vessel Regulations. The Small Vessel Compliance Program is not mandatory, but meeting their stringent requirements is. The Blue Decal we received for completing this program is proudly displayed on our vessel.
Our primary charter boat
- new twin 150 hp Mercury 4 stroke outboard motors
- 16 mile Radar
- colour fish finder
- 2 GPS navigation units
- Auto pilot
- VHF radio
- Scotty electric downriggers
- Sirius sattelite radio
- Forward toilet
- All weather flotation suits
- Accommodates groups up to 5 persons
- 25 ft Grady White walk around cruiser with twin outboard motors
- 25 ft Aquasport walk around cruiser with twin outboard motors
Your Tofino fishing charter will be enhanced using our premium fishing gear featuring:
- 10.5 ft Fenwick, Lamiglas, and Shimano medium action mooching rods with premium Islander single action reels
- 10.5 ft Shimano graphite medium action down rigger rods
- with Shimano level wind reels
- 7 ft Lamiglas and Shimano med/heavy action Halibut
- rods w/ premium Avet conventional reels
- 9 ft custom graphite 8 wt flyrods with Shimano and Daiwa single action reels
- 8.5 ft custom graphite light action Coho downrigger rods with 6500 Abu-Garcia level wind reels
- the best quality Anchovy and Herring bait available